UTL has implemented State Wide Network in Karnataka. As a part of the network, all the Govt offices in the districts, the Talukas, are connected to the State Network Operations Centres, for providing triple play services viz., Voice, Video and Data. This network also uses variety of technologies for remote office connectivity including Wireless, Leased Line, LAN extenders etc.
The details are as follows:
- Contract awarded to UTL in 2008.
- Executed under BOOT Model with the duration of 5 years.
- Conneting 27 districts, 48 Talukas, 29 Non-Pop Talukas, several remote locations and 177 Govt Business Centres to the state capital Bengaluru.
- Value Of Contract: USD 45 Million.
- OEM Partners: Cisco, CA, Telemart, HP and Carrier.
Largest MPLS Network connecting 3000 plus Government Offices.
Connectivity established between:
- SCR & DCR - 2x2 Mbps Leased Line & 2Mbps MPLS link.
- TCR to DCR - 2 Mbps Leased Line.
- Aggregation nodes - 2 Mbps Leased Line.
- Internet connectivity - 2x2 Mbps Leased Line.
- Voice services (IP Telephony) - 2500 IP phones.
- Video Conferencing services - Studio Based Video Conference for Deputy Commissioners, DeskTop Video Conference for Govt officials, Trolley Based VC for Court & Prisons & Mobile Video conference (2 Mobile Vans through VSAT connectivity).
- Connectivity for Data.