Goa Broadband Network
GBBN is the Next Generation Network (NGN) project, which is unique and the first of its kind in India. This is also the first fully fiber based network in the country. GBBN, the Gigabit scale Next Generation Convergence Network is a “Quadruple Play” providing convergence of Broadband, Telephony, Data and Television. GBBN also involves deployment of most modern networking technologies like Gigabit Passive Optical Networks (GPON), Fiber to Home (FTTH) and Fiber to Business (FTTB) technologies.
The details are as follows:
- Contract awarded to UTL in 2006.
- Executed under BOOT Model with the duration of 5 years.
- Connecting the State Headquarters. District Head Quarter with all 11 Talukas, Village Panchayats, Households, Institutions across the State with high speed OFC link.
- Value Of Contract: USD 70 Million.
- OEM Partners: Cisco, UTStarcom and Polycom.
First and most innovative Fiber To The Home (FTTH) Network in India.
Connectivity established between:
- District Head Quarters with State Head Quarter - 10Gbps.
- Taluka Head Quarters with District Head Quarters - 10Gbps.
- 189 Village Panchayats to their respective Taluka Head Quarters - 1 Gbps.
Connectivity facilitated to:
- More than 225 office buildings to their respective Head Quarters.
- More than 800 offices across the state selected public on Beta basis.